Things I Learned This Year
Carl Barenbrug posted on his blog a list of things he learned during 2023. It's a good list and worth reading. That list got me thinking about what I learned, and well, here we are. Not as long as his, I'm in a dark place, but some good was learned as well as the mostly bad.
- Humanity is doomed. The current generation is so full of shit and their skin is so thin that I'd be surprised if we don't end up in a Mad Max Style society very soon after their microagressions turned into full agressions and they don't know what to do about it.
- The planet is trying to heal itself, but we are lot letting it happen.
- Quality is always better than quantity. Try to find the best of what you are trying to get or build and focus on that, don't settle for cheaper, even if they give you more of it.
- In simplicity there is hope. Simple things, simple designs, or simple methods can help center your mind and make things easier.
- Find buffers of silence. Silence is not only good, but needed for a healthy life.
- Pick your battles. Assholes would be assholes, let them be and walk away.
- Friends are not forever, they come and go, but they teach you things.
- Adversity shows you the real face of people around you.
- Focus on the way.